27 Apr 2011

Hello Cupcake!

Hi everyone :-)

I am pleased to say the sun has come out to play again :-)  It always amazes me how a little bit of sunshine can brighten your mood.

Now onto my card.  For a change I decided to ink the edges of my papers and now I really wish I hadn't because to me it just looks messy.  Don't get me wrong I love to see inked edges on other people's cards and that's why I decided to try it but don't think I will be doing it again any time soon.  I might make another card exactly the same but without inking the edges to see which one I prefer ... think I know which one it will be :-)



Papers ~ Dovecraft 'Tea House'
Flowers ~ Dovecraft 'Tea House'
Pearls ~ Prima
Pearl Brads ~ The Hobby House
Sentiment ~ Cuddly Buddly

Challenges
Simon Says Stamp ~ Anything goes & blog hop
Craft Your Passion ~ Show us your layers
The Crazy Challenge ~ 3 different papers

I am back to work tomorrow but can't really complain because it's only for one day.  I only work Thurs & Fri so I have had a one day week for the last 2 weeks ... I could get used to this :-)

That's all from me ... now off to hang the washing out.

25 comments:

Clairebears said...

Lisa this is so cute :0)
I love the colours and I like the inked edges too.

Love CLairebears x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa a really gorgeous card, I love the LOV image and your colouring is fabulous. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Donna said...

Super cute little card Lisa...such a sweet image espesh the Cupcakes yum yum :) Donna x

Janette said...

Love your card Lisa, very sweet.xx

brenda said...

I don't think your edges look messy at all Lisa, in fact your whole card is lovely.

I think inked edges are something we grown into, trouble is once you avae grown into them it difficult not doing it as a normality as I often find out.

B x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Lisa...love this sweetie and the inked edges look good to me...but I'm with you..I do love the clean look lol..

hugs Vicky xx

Seafield Jo said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, fab colouring and super layout. Jo x

Christine said...

Hi Lisa awww this is sweet fab colur combo..NO it dosent look messsy ..sometimes we have to come out of our comfort zone..I'm just as bad..LOL

smiles Christine xx

CraftyC said...

Hi Lisa, a beautiful card you have made and I love your inked edges. all good to me!
Clairexx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lisa, your inked edges are lovely. Sue x

Macpurp said...

i loved the inky edges! such a pretty card!
love teen xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh Lisa you do make me laugh when you like things on other people's card but not your own like buttons. Your edges look lovely inked. I always ink mine. A very cute card, love this image and pretty colour combo. Marianne x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Love the image and colours, fab layout too. Your inked edges look absolutely fine, but I know what you mean :o) Lisa x

coops said...

gorgeous card lisa.the image is so sweet and i love your pretty colours and the inked edges are fab :D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and adorable too.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

What are you talking about Lisa????
Your edges don't look messy at all!!!
It's a gorgeous card, fabulous colouring of the sweet LOTV image and your colour and paper combinations is fantastic!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and blog hop
hugs
Heather xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lisa,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

I love your card Lisa, and the inked edges look fabulous your colour choices are great, I love the clean look also but it is good to try out these techniques and you have done a amazing make Hugs
Sarah x

Ms. Jen said...

Hey Lisa! I love that heart punch. It adds so much and your card is just adorable!

Hugs - Jen

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa, I love your card and your inked edges! Your post did make me smile! Hope you have enjoyed the bank holiday weekend.
hugs Lynsey x

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

A sweet card.

Love your papers and layout very much and I think your inked edges are great.

Love Jules xx

sammi said...

Adorable! Thank you for playing along in our "Show us Your Layers" challenge at Craft Your Passion.

carrie-lee said...

Adorable card xxx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Lisa such a cute little image. Love your layout...so much detail to perfection.
Diane :-) xx

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, love the image you used and your very pretty papers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x