4 Nov 2008

2 challenge cards today and Blog Candy at Bev's!

Hello!

My children went back to school today after the half-term holiday so I have managed to make 2 challenge cards.

The first card is for the Magnolia Vs Stampavie Challenge which was a sketch by Jay Jay. When I started making the card I didn't think I would like the end result but I must say it turned out better than I expected. Sentiment reads "Merry Christmas" and the green semi-circle is embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots but doesn't show up very well in the photo.


BP, Ribbon & Green brad = DCWV Christmas Wishes
Image = Magnolia Edwins Snowman
Flowers = Prima with gems added


My second card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge. The theme this week is "Get Sparkly/Bonfire". As I really want to get on with my Christmas cards I decided to go with the Get Sparkly theme. I decided to ink the edges of my card and papers and I quite like this effect. For a change I made a 5 x 7 size card. The snowflakes are sparkly and I have added glitter to the hedgies scarves.





BP = DCWV (I think)
Image = Penny Black Duckie & Hedgies
Snowflakes/Gems from Stash


Any comments would be most appreciated.


I have just spotted some fab blog candy over at http://bevscrafts.blogspot.com/ See Bev's blog for the details and while you are there check out Bev's crafty creations as they are fantastic!

7 comments:

Mephisto said...

Wonderful Work!

Hugs
DOmi

Debbie said...

Fabulous cards Lisa, Love the cute snowman and the PB image is adorable. Debbie x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Another couple of fab cards Lisa, Just love that snowman image.
Lyndsey xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa
You have been busy! I love your cards they are gorgeous!
Hugs Lynsey :)

Pauline C said...

Goregous cute image .. lve that duck! Thanks for joining the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Bev said...

Two wonderful Crimbo cards hunny - love the snowman, too cute!!

hugs Bev x

Beth said...

These are fab! I love the cute stamp and paper you've used! Loving your kiddies costumes too! Thanks for joining in this week! xx