2 Apr 2013

Beading Friends Forever ~ April Challenge (Part 1)

Hi Everyone
 
Hope you are all well and had a lovely Easter weekend :-)  I was back to work today but only for one day because i've got a few days off and not back until next Tuesday.  Saying that it's the schools hols so no doubt I will be kept busy!!!
 
I am still loving my new hobby so when I popped across to the Beading Friends Forever blog yesterday I was thrilled to see I was the lucky winner for March and my prize is £15 to spend at Beads Direct :-)
 
Here is my entry for Part 1 of April's challenge which is to make a jewellery set.
 
For the bracelet I used the Hugs & Kisses tutorial from Andycraft Beads and the earrings were a free tutorial from Around the Beading Table called Trinket Earrings



* Items Used *
 
4 mm & 6 mm Fire Polished Czech glass beads ~ Capri Blue
4mm crystal bicones
11/0 Gold seed beeds
Gold plated clasp and earring wires
 
 
The 2nd part of the challenge is a Kumihimo tutorial.  Well I must have had a premonition because I had ordered a Kumihimo set at the weekend prior to the new challenge being announced.  Not sure I will be able to do it but can't wait to have a go!!
 

13 comments:

Marcea said...

Wow, you are quick off the mark hun. What a really lovely set - adore these colours together, very lush. I cannot wait to see your kumihimo - you will be surprised how easy it is but it also looks great!! Well done on winning the last challenge, enjoy spending your prize. Thanks for entering BFF xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congrats on winning and well done on creating this beautiful set

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! Lisa, what a very beautiful set. Love the colours.

Donna x

Sarah said...

Stunning jewellery set Lisa, gorgeous colours and I love that clasp.
Congrats on winning the last challenge. I look forward to seeing your kumihimo bracelet.
Sarah xx :0)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Stunning work Lisa!

Congrats on your win too!
xx

Lynsey said...

Wow Lisa this is gorgeous! You are so clever x

Wishcraft said...

A beautiful set Lisa... I won't let myself look at beads, I'd end up spending even more money!

We're in Norfolk from 17th Aug, same place we stayed before - hope we can meet up again :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coops said...

wow so stunning lisa.really love the colours :D

xx coops xx

Su said...

Congratulations on your prize - enjoy spending it!

Love the colours you've chosen for this set - really rich and a lovely design too!

Kumihimo is good fun, but beware it is very addictive once you get into the 'rhythm' you'll soon master it and see just how easy it is to get great results.

Hugs Su x

Faye said...

Wow, Lisa, this is beautiful. X

Linda Wescott said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for becoming a follower on my blog. I love your sets, they are very pretty. Are you on the facebook group. It's a nice group with a lot of encouragement...and a place to show off more of your makes lol. Hugs lin

Donna said...

Hi Lisa, hope all OK with you and family. This is such a pretty set and you have taken to beading like a duck to water! Gorgeous work and look forward to seeing some more soon! :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog about Sophie's Tom Daley Birthday card...she's put it in a frame now lol! x

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! these are stunning Lisa, love the gorgeous blue.

Donna x