30 Jan 2011

Charity Shop Bargain Competition!

Good afternoon

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  I have been catching up with the housework and having a good sort out.  Chris took a load to the tip yesterday morning and then 6 bags to the charity shop in the afternoon.  I can't believe how much stuff we have hoarded in the 4 years we have lived here!  This afternoon we are going to make a space in the garage so I can have a cabinet (this one) for craft storage because it is slowly taking over the house lol!

Last Sunday when I was shopping in town with Chloe I spotted some rubber stamps in the window of one of the charity shops but unfortunately it was closed.  Anyway the next day after taking the children to school I decided to have a look and picked up a couple from the window display.  When I went to pay the lady in the shop asked if I would like to look through the other boxes of stamps that had been donated.  Well as you can imagine I wasn't going to say no lol! There must have been over 200 stamps inc Penny Black, Hero Arts!  This is what I came home with for the princely sum of £16 ... bargain!. 



They still had the original prices on them and I thought for a little bit of fun I would run a little competition.  Can you guess how much the above stamps would have cost new?  I will send the person whose guess is the closest some crafting goodies :-)

Catch up with you all on Tuesday with my card for the Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge.

12 comments:

Julye said...

What fun, and what a lucky find too, my guess is around the £68 mark give or take a few pennies as I'm guessing the flower fairies are the larger stamps if they arent then around £55, is that cheating 2 guesses?

Donna said...

Wow absolute bargain Lisa...what a lovely stash :) my guess is £44.50...probs nowhere near but good for a bit of fun :) Donna x

Mandy said...

Fab bargain hun, I'd have a guess at about £70.
Hope you are having a good weekend
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Hi x well done you for getting such a bargain while helping charities too! x I think about £46.50 x Leigh x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, what a find. I have the top left stamp and that was free with a mag so I am guessing another was free too. My guess is £40. Marianne x

Kristin said...

What a bargain! Lucky you! :)

I guess the original price was £65,50. :)

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa Im sure they would have been quite expensive when they were new as the Flower Fairy ones were about £9.each for a start, but they are gorgeous and well done. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Caroljenks said...

Wow what a fab deal you had Lisa!

I'm going to guess at £47.45

Enjoy your new stamps and I hope you left your phone mumber with the lady so she can give you a call whenever she gets any crafty stock in!

Carol x

Katie L Oakley said...

Oh wow, you lucky thing - I never seem to find any bargains in local secondhand shops or bootsales!
Im going to guess at £49 :) xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lisa, what a bargain! I think they would have cost around £54.
Have a great week.
Hugs Lynesy x

Macpurp said...

what a bargin!!! I guess £52.
I love that cat stamp! so cute.
love teen xx

Ella's Design said...

What a find! Wish I had charity shops like that nearby! I'd have to guess at about £62, which if it were that, makes it a pretty good buy you had!
Lisa